‘Mr. Dickens Tells a Christmas Carol’ recreates Charles Dickens’ own performances of the classic tale that brings the travails of Ebenezer Scrooge, Bob Cratchit and Tiny Tim alive. Taken from Dickens’ original script, actor Michael Muldoon, plays Charles Dickens and tells the well-loved tale as guests travel throughout the main floor of Lyndhurst mansion “meeting” the different spirits and characters. A newspaper wrote of Dickens at the time, “He gave to every character a different voice, a different style, a different face.” We have endeavored to bring this spirit to life with the M&M Performing Arts adaptation, recreating Charles Dickens tour of the US in 1867.
Come see the words of Dickens in a historic period setting! Visitors will follow Mr. Dickens and his imagined hostess, Mrs. Wiggins, as he wanders through the beautifully decorated rooms to tell his tale.
Performances are at 7:30 PM on the following dates:
December 10, 13-17, 19-23, 26-30.
Performances are also offered at 5:30 PM on the following dates:
December 10, 16, 17, 23, 30.
There are no performances on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.
- Advance online ticket purchases are recommended – performances do sell out.
- Please wear shoes appropriate for walking on the grounds at Lyndhurst. No large bags or backpacks will be permitted in the mansion.
- Photography and video are not allowed inside the mansion for this performance.
- Please arrive 20 minutes before the entry time printed on your ticket in order to have time to park and check in at the Welcome Center.
- Lyndhurst welcomes all visitors, but please note that all this performance Lyndhurst requires walking on hilly grounds and the ability to be standing for approximately one hour.
- Only the first floor of the mansion is handicap accessible.
Tickets are $40 for Adults, $35 for Seniors/Students (16 and under – appropriate for school-age children and up). No member discounts are offered for theater performances.
To purchase tickets, please use the calendar below to select a date and time.