Please be aware that this tour involves extensive walking on uneven, hilly ground and is not recommended for individuals with mobility issues. Please consider your own abilities when signing up for a tour.
Gardens, Grounds and Bowling Walking Tour
Offered Sundays at 10:30 AM. Tours last approximately 1 & 1/2 hours. If you are also planning on purchasing a Classic Mansion Tour, please choose 1 pm or later.
Online ticket sales close 8 am on the day of the tour, walk-on availability on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Enjoy a walking tour along the Hudson River on the grounds of the Lyndhurst estate.
Learn how three families made their mark on this spectacular property. Follow the transition from farmland to William Paulding’s country retreat to George Merritt’s incredible landscaped garden oasis complete with a greenhouse to finally, the Gould family who maintained the Gothic Revival mansion for 81 years, preserving its beauty and later adding a bowling pavilion, indoor pool, formal rose garden, and outdoor garden sculpture.
This fun, relaxing walk will also discuss the many mature specimen trees dotting the landscape.
- This tour involves walking on uneven, hilly ground and is not recommended for individuals with mobility issues.
- Please consider your own abilities when signing up for a tour.
- This tour does not visit the interior of the Mansion.
- The tour is not recommended for children under 12.
- If you are also purchasing a Classic Mansion Tour: please choose 1 pm or later.
To purchase tickets by phone: Call 1-888-718-4253 opt. 1 (please note that additional fees apply to phone orders.)