On the mansion tour with a Halloween twist, you will see the majestic vestibule and entrance hall, reception room, parlor, library, cabinet room, Jay Gould’s private office, and the sumptuous Victorian dining room – all decorated with seasonal trimmings for Halloween. The second floor, which centers around the grand Picture Gallery, is not decorated and visitors can see those spaces in all their traditional splendor. Our curators display special items from Lyndhurst’s vast collections exclusively for the month of October.
For those wanting to see the mansion and the beautiful seasonal decorations, this is the better option than the nighttime performances. These tours are appropriate for children of all ages.
Decorated tours begin Friday, September 30th and continue through October 31. Lyndhurst is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, with the exception of Halloween, Tuesday, October 31st.
Tours are every hour from 10 am to 4 pm. Some popular dates offer extended hours and tours on the half-hour. Tours last approximately one hour. Please see the calendar below for individual dates and times.
- Tickets are only available online – advance reservations necessary. Tours sell out.
- Lyndhurst welcomes all visitors, but please note that all tours of Lyndhurst require walking on hilly grounds and the ability to be standing for approximately one hour.
- Only the first floor of the mansion is handicap accessible.
- Photography and video are not allowed inside the mansion for Classic Tours with a Twist.
- No large bags or backpacks will be permitted in the mansion. Please wear shoes appropriate for walking on the grounds.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please arrive 20 minutes before the entry time printed on your ticket in order to have time to park and check in at the Welcome Center.
Tickets for all patrons are $18 per person. No discounts, refunds, or exchanges are offered.
To purchase tickets, please use the calendar below to select a date and time.