On the mansion tour with a Halloween twist, you will see the majestic vestibule and entrance hall, reception room, parlor, library, and the sumptuous Victorian dining room – all decorated with seasonal trimmings for Halloween.
The second floor, which centers around the grand Picture Gallery, is not decorated and visitors can see those spaces in all their traditional splendor.
For those wanting to see the mansion and the beautiful seasonal decorations, this is the better option than the nighttime performances, as the focus of the guided tour is on the history of the families who lived at Lyndhurst as well as the many Gothic Revival furnishings we bring out of storage and display during October only. Tours are offered every hour from 10 am to 4 pm, Thursdays through Mondays. Some popular dates offer extended hours and tours on the half-hour. Tours last approximately one hour.
To purchase tickets by phone: Call 1-888-718-4253 opt. 1 (please note that additional fees apply to phone orders.)
Plan Your Trip:
This tour has timed entry. Please arrive 20 minutes before the entry time printed on your ticket in order to have time to park and check in at the Welcome Center.
- Advance online ticket purchases are recommended – tours do sell out.
- Online tickets must be purchased by 8 AM on the date of your selected tour.
- Photography is allowed at the discretion of your Tour Guide. Please stay with your tour group.
- No large bags or backpacks will be permitted in the mansion.
- Please wear shoes appropriate for walking on hilly grounds.
- Tours take place rain or shine.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- No refunds or exchanges can be made during the Halloween season.
- Tickets for this tour are not eligible for membership discount.
Accessibility: Lyndhurst welcomes all visitors, but please note that all tours of Lyndhurst require walking on hilly grounds and the ability to be standing for approximately one hour. While the tour visits two floors of the mansion, only the first floor of the mansion is handicap accessible. There is no elevator in this historic building.
Extreme Weather Policy: Welcome Center staff will do their best to give notice if tours are interrupted, delayed, or canceled due to extreme weather. If Lyndhurst cancels your tour for weather-related issues, we will endeavor to reschedule. If rescheduling a tour canceled by Lyndhurst is not possible, we will offer visitors a refund for their tickets.