Described as one of the “Ten Best Historic Holiday Tours” by USA Today, Lyndhurst goes all out during the holidays with “A Very Duchess Holiday.” Lyndhurst is elaborately adorned with an over-the-top display of holiday ornaments but we also pay homage to a real French duchess, Anna Gould, the Duchess of Talleyrand, the last owner of Lyndhurst. For the last month of the year, we bring out rarely seen children’s toys, holiday dishes, silver, jewels, and clothes that belonged to the Duchess to create vignettes of holiday presents and baubles. This is a once-a-year opportunity to see many of the Goulds’ glittering possessions that are usually tucked away.
Tours begin the Friday after Thanksgiving, November 24th and continue through December 30. Lyndhurst is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, with the exception of the week following Christmas. Lyndhurst is closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Tours are every hour from 10 am to 4 pm. Last tour at 4 pm. Tours last approximately one hour.
During the weekend of December 1-3, mansion entry is general admission with no guided tours as a part of the Holiday Shopping Boutique.
- Advance online ticket purchases are recommended – tours do sell out
- No large bags or backpacks will be permitted in the mansion. Please wear shoes appropriate for walking on the grounds
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Please arrive 20 minutes before the entry time printed on your ticket in order to have time to park and check in at the Welcome Center.
- Lyndhurst welcomes all visitors, but please note that all tours of Lyndhurst require walking on hilly grounds and the ability to be standing for approximately one hour.
- Only the first floor of the mansion is handicap accessible.
Tickets for all patrons are $18 per person. No discounts are offered during this season.
To purchase tickets, please use the calendar below to select a date and time.