See Lyndhurst mansion transformed into an extravagant wonderland of holiday splendor. Described as one of the “Ten Best Historic Holiday Tours” by USA Today, Lyndhurst goes all-out during the holiday season, filling the mansion with elaborate tableaus of décor, which change every year.
Dozens of Christmas trees are expertly decorated and designed to complement the elegant period furnishings within the rooms of the house. During this month only, our curators bring out rarely seen items that belonged to Lyndhurst’s former owners, the Goulds. This is a once-a-year opportunity to see many of the Goulds’ glittering possessions that are usually tucked away in our archives.
Tours are offered every hour from 10 am to 4 pm, Thursdays through Mondays. Tours last approximately one hour.
Please know that Mansion Tours are a one-hour discussion of history, architecture, and art, and may not be entertaining to young children. Families with children are encouraged to attend our Holiday Opening Weekend, where visitors can walk through at their own pace without a guided tour.
To purchase tickets by phone: Call 1-888-718-4253 opt. 1 (please note that additional fees apply to phone orders.)
Plan Your Visit:
- Advance online ticket purchases are recommended – tours do sell out!
- No large bags or backpacks will be permitted in the mansion.
- Please wear shoes appropriate for walking on the grounds.
- Photography is allowed at the discretion of your Tour Guide. Please stay with your tour group.
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- This tour has timed entry. Please arrive 20 minutes before the entry time printed on your ticket in order to have time to park and check-in at the Welcome Center.
- Tickets for this tour are not eligible for a membership discount.
Accessibility: Lyndhurst welcomes all visitors, but please note that all tours of Lyndhurst require walking on hilly grounds and the ability to be standing for approximately one hour. The tour visits the first and second floors of the mansion, however, only the first floor of the mansion is handicap accessible.
Extreme Weather Policy: Welcome Center staff will do their best to give notice if tours are interrupted, delayed, or canceled due to extreme weather. If Lyndhurst cancels your tour for weather-related issues, we will endeavor to reschedule. If rescheduling a tour canceled by Lyndhurst is not possible, we will offer visitors a refund for their tickets.