Please note: This event is a theatrical performance, not a Mansion Tour. Please purchase a daytime tour ticket to take a guided tour of the mansion.
This year’s all-new edition of Jay Ghoul’s House of Curiosities is based on classic murder mysteries where the isolated country house is the site of an unsolved murder – everybody’s a suspect and nobody has a clue! The Gothic mansion is filled with madcap suspects who each have a motive. Who did it, with what weapon, and in what room? Was it Madam Peacock in the parlor with a knife – or maybe Chef Mustard and his killer cuisine – or could it be Miss Scarlet in the dining room with a candlestick? Help to solve the case before the menace gets away!
Performances of Jay Ghoul’s House of Curiosities take place exclusively at night when the mansion comes alive through eerie lighting and seasonal decorations. While the evening experience will appeal to adults and teens, younger children can also participate although the youngest children may be frightened by the low lighting and overall spookiness of the mansion. This is not a haunted house – the scariest thing may just be the bad puns! While guests wait, they can enjoy food, shopping, activities and Halloween-themed movies in the Welcome Center. Following the performance, visitors can return on foot to their cars via the Scarecrow Invasion. Walking the secluded landscape in the dark is always a major part of the experience.
This event is a nighttime theater performance lasting about 30-45 minutes and visiting only the 1st floor and basement of the mansion. If you would like to enjoy our more traditional tour experience, please purchase a Daytime Halloween Tour instead.
Performance Dates (groups depart every 15 minutes):
October 19, 22, 25, 26, 30, 31: 6-9 pm
October 20, 21, 27, 28, 29: 6-10 pm
- Advance online ticket purchases are required- performances do sell out.
- This program is not wheelchair accessible.
- Lyndhurst welcomes all visitors, but please note that all tours of Lyndhurst require walking on hilly grounds and the ability to be standing for approximately one hour.
- Photography and video are not allowed inside the mansion for this performance.
- Please wear shoes appropriate for walking on the grounds. No large bags or backpacks will be permitted in the mansion.
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes before the entry time printed on your ticket in order to have time to park and check in at the Welcome Center.
Tickets are $25 for adults and $20 for children (12 and under). Children under age 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Proof of age may be required. No discounts, refunds, or exchanges are offered. Advance reservations necessary.
To purchase tickets, please use the calendar below to select a date and time.