Ages 13 and up. No children under the age of 5. Performances discuss drug use.
THE ADVENTURE OF THE DYING DETECTIVE
When a wealthy man suddenly becomes ill and dies, his widow calls in Sherlock Holmes to unravel a mysterious tale of family rivalries, opium addiction, and thwarted dreams. The widow claims her husband was murdered but was he? Sherlock Holmes is drawn into a thrilling new case where, shockingly, the tables turn and he becomes the victim himself. Journey on a trip through the first floor of inimitable Lyndhurst Mansion on the trail of this classic mystery as we’re drawn deeper into the secrets of the case.
Performances November 15th through December 8th and is approximately 75 minutes including check-in at the Welcome Center. Appropriate for ages 13 (PG-13) and up. No one under age 5 will be admitted. Everyone, regardless of age, must have a ticket. Tickets are $40 for all seats, General Admission. Visitor Information at Lyndhurst is 914-631-4481. Free parking.
Plan Your Visit:
- Accessibility: Performances move from the Carriage House up a small hill and into Lyndhurst Mansion. There are two stairs to enter the mansion. There are opportunities to sit throughout the performance.
- Please arrive 20 minutes before the entry time printed on your ticket in order to have time to park and check in at the Welcome Center.
- Performances sell out – advance ticket purchase is recommended.
- Photography and video are not allowed inside the mansion for this performance.
- No large bags or backpacks will be permitted in the mansion.
- Please wear shoes appropriate for walking on the grounds at Lyndhurst.
Extreme Weather Policy: Welcome Center staff will do their best to give notice if performances are interrupted, delayed, or canceled due to extreme weather. If Lyndhurst cancels your performance for weather-related issues, we will endeavor to reschedule. If rescheduling a performance canceled by Lyndhurst is not possible, we will offer visitors a refund for their tickets.