We have been carefully monitoring developments related to Covid-19 and have been working on plans to reopen Lyndhurst in a manner that will be safe for our visitors and staff and in compliance with all New York State rules.
While Lyndhurst’s landscape has remained open during the Covid-19 pandemic and has served as a place of respite and relaxation, we are happy to announce that Lyndhurst will reopen more fully with select tours and programs on Friday, July 10th, 2020. While the mansion will remain closed for now, we are excited to welcome you to our 67-acre landscape as a place of beauty and respite and for outdoors-focused activities.
While we are operating under this new model, we ask that where possible, visitors use our online ticketing services to minimize contact with staff and to allow us to maintain accurate records of who visits our property. We also ask that all visitors follow New York State guidelines and wear a mask when indoors in a Lyndhurst building, when interacting with gate personnel or when on a Lyndhurst tour.
The well-being of our visitors and associates is our top priority, and we developed our reopening protocols to include additional safety measures during the Covid-19 outbreak. These include:
- Visitors are encouraged to make ticket purchases on-line, in advance. Cashless, socially distanced purchasing and ticketing will be available on site, if needed.
- Visitors must bring and wear masks or face-coverings while on the site.
- Please stay at least six feet apart from different groups while on the site.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned regularly and sanitized daily but we ask visitors to assist us in cleaning up after themselves and maintaining site hygiene.
- Doors to buildings and windows will be left open, weather permitting, to increase ventilation and airflow. Because air conditioning will not be used as frequently, we may need to cancel tours and close buildings in extreme heat.
- Lyndhurst’s gift shop will maintain a policy of allowing one family group in at a time and will process cashless transactions.
- Generally, we will make hand sanitizer available to our guests and will use a combination of cleaning agents and UV light to disinfect our buildings, as much as possible.
Additionally, we are exploring smaller, socially distanced versions of such popular programs as Sunset Jazz and our Craft Fair and will provide more specific information shortly.
We recognize that these restrictions may represent an inconvenience to some of our visitors but we ask for your indulgence as we all navigate our way through this pandemic. We thank you for your continued support of Lyndhurst and look forward to welcoming you back soon!