Mobility in the Landscape 2023
Join us for our Free Mobility in the Landscape Day at Lyndhurst! Lyndhurst is inviting those with limited mobility for a free day, enjoying the more accessible areas of our property. There is ADA-compliant parking outside of the Welcome Center. The Welcome Center is contained within the 1860s Carriage House. Here, a video about the house and the property plays on a loop for our visitors. Also, we are currently running a free exhibit called “Unlocking Lyndhurst” which contains some of the family’s items that are rarely, if ever, put on display.
From the Welcome Center, you can travel down to the lower parking lot, which is directly adjacent to the ADA-compliant path.
Travel down our modest ADA-compliant path that leads from our parking area to a lovely view overlooking the Hudson River. Our guides will be stationed along the pathway and will be delighted to discuss the history of Lyndhurst and its landscape! The parking for this event will be at the parking lot below the Welcome Center (not the parking lot directly next to the Welcome Center).
From there, you can drive down to our Bowling Alley which was built in 1894 by Helen Gould. There is a parking area before the Bowling Alley on the lower road paralleling the Hudson River. From there it is a short trip to the building itself!
Pick up your map of the property at the Welcome Center at the start of your day at Lyndhurst! Or you can download it HERE!
- Registration is non-transferable.
- Please have your registration ticket available to show the gate attendant upon arrival.
- Select the mobile option when purchasing your ticket to have it ready on your mobile phone!
- Visit our Exhibition Gallery and historic Bowling Alley between 10 am and 4 pm.
- Picnicking is allowed, we ask that you carry out what you carry in. No alcohol!
- Please leash your dogs while on the grounds.
- Drone use on the grounds is strictly prohibited.
- Welcome Center restrooms and gift shop will be open between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Staff available for information purposes, will not be able to assist.
Season presented by:
Lyndhurst welcomes all visitors, and we have ADA-accessible parking and paths on our lower landscape.
Picnicking is allowed but we ask that you carry out what you carry in.
Please keep dogs leashed and clean up after them while visiting.
Please park in designated parking areas only and not on our lawns or in front of the Mansion.
Special Event Photography (engagement, wedding, family, graduation, baby, etc.) is not allowed on our grounds.
Drone use is strictly prohibited.
Alcohol is not permitted.
Plan Your Visit
- Online: Online registration closes at 3:00 p.m.
Grounds are open: 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM.
The last entry is at 3:00 p.m.