Please read our COVID Visitor Requirements before purchasing tickets.
Tour ticket holders do not need to purchase a Daily Grounds Pass, as tour tickets include grounds access.
For those wishing to experience more of the Mansion or for repeat visitors, take advantage of our Backstairs Tour. Highlights include climbing to the fifth floor of the tower with panoramic views of the Hudson River and Manhattan. Then, descend the backstairs to view the butler’s suite and the extensive basement kitchen rooms. Exit through the servants’ dining room, pass by the kitchen herb garden, and visit the c.1911 Laundry Building complete with machinery and original fixtures. This tour lasts one and a half hours and because of its physical demands, it is not recommended for individuals with limited mobility or children under 12 years of age. This tour requires ascending 79 steps up to the tower and 99 steps down to the basement, so no person (including children and infants) may be lifted or carried throughout the tour.
Please present printed tour tickets or have them available on your smartphone to show Welcome Center staff when checking in for your tour.
All visitors must have a pre-purchased ticket to enter the Mansion. A limited number of tickets are available for each tour and tickets do sell out. If you are taking a tour you do NOT need to purchase the Daily Grounds Pass. All ticket purchases are non-refundable.
For everyone’s safety, Lyndhurst reserves the right to deny or revoke the admission of any visitor who refuses to comply with these guidelines. As in any public setting, we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19. By visiting Lyndhurst, you voluntarily assume such risks.
Senior, AAA, Military, Student: $18
Online ticket sales close at 8 am on the day of the tour. Purchase by phone: Call 1(888)718-4253 opt. 1 (additional fees apply to phone orders). Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Discounts available to eligible visitors. Membership discounts are valid for Classic Mansion Tours, April through September.
July: Friday – Sunday at 10:30 AM.
August: Friday – Monday at 10:30 AM.
September: Friday – Monday at 11:00 AM.
October: Thursday – Monday at 11:00 AM.
For a safe and enjoyable experience, due to the number of narrow steps in the tower portion of the tour, please be advised of the following:
- This tour visits portions of the mansion that are not ADA accessible, and the tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility or children under 12.
- This tour requires ascending 79 steps up to the tower and 99 steps down to the basement.
- The mansion is not air-conditioned and the upper floors of the tower may reach high temperatures in the summer heat.
- There is no elevator in this historic building and only limited opportunities for seating and rest on this tour.
- This tour is not recommended for those with a fear of heights.
- No person (including children and infants) may be lifted or carried throughout the tour.