For those wishing to experience more of the Mansion or for repeat visitors, take advantage of our Backstairs Tour. Highlights include climbing to the fifth-floor observation tower with spectacular views of the Hudson River and Manhattan. Then, descend the backstairs to view the butler’s suite and the extensive basement kitchen rooms. Exiting through the servants’ dining room, pass the herb garden and visit the c.1911 Laundry Building complete with original fixtures. This tour lasts one-and-a-half-hours and because of its physical demands it is not recommended for individuals with limited mobility or children under 12. This tour requires ascending 79 steps up to the tower and 99 steps down to the basement, so no person (including children and infants) may be lifted or carried throughout the tour.
Senior, AAA, Military, Student: $18
Online ticket sales close at 8 am on the day of the tour. Purchase by phone: Call 1(888)718-4253 opt. 1 (additional fees apply to phone orders). Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Discounts available to eligible visitors. Membership discounts are valid for Classic Mansion Tours, April through September.
June 18th – September 26th
Fridays – Sundays at 10:30 AM
For a safe and enjoyable experience, due to the number of narrow steps in the tower portion of the tour, please be advised of the following:
- This tour visits portions of the mansion that are not ADA accessible, and the tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility or children under 12.
- This tour requires ascending 79 steps up to the tower and 99 steps down to the basement.
- The mansion is not air conditioned and upper floors of the tower may reach high temperatures in summer heat.
- There is no elevator in this historic building and only limited opportunities for seating and rest on this tour.
- This tour is not recommended for those with a fear of heights.
- No person (including children and infants) may be lifted or carried throughout the tour.