Lyndhurst During the Pandemic
With the removal of pandemic-related restrictions in New York State, Lyndhurst has resumed Mansion Tours for the 2021 season.
Lyndhurst requests that all visitors continue to wear masks indoors during this transition period as a courtesy to fellow visitors and staff. We will continue to evaluate these policies and make changes in the future, as appropriate.
For everyone’s safety, Lyndhurst reserves the right to deny or revoke the admission of any visitor who refuses to comply with these guidelines. As in any public setting, we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19. By visiting Lyndhurst, you voluntarily assume such risks.
We also ask that visitors use our online ticketing services to minimize contact with staff and to allow us to maintain accurate records of who visits our property.
The well-being of our visitors and associates is our top priority, and we developed our reopening protocols to include additional safety measures during the COVID-19 pandemic. These include:
- Visitors are encouraged to make ticket purchases online, in advance. Cashless, socially distanced purchasing and ticketing will be available on-site if needed.
- Visitors must bring and wear masks or face-coverings while on tours and inside our Welcome Center interacting with Lyndhurst Staff.
- Please stay at least six feet apart from different groups while on the site.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned regularly and sanitized daily but we ask visitors to assist us in cleaning up after themselves and maintaining site hygiene.
- Doors to buildings and windows will be left open, weather permitting, to increase ventilation and airflow. Because air conditioning will not be used as frequently, we may need to cancel tours and close buildings in extreme heat.
- Lyndhurst’s gift shop will process cashless transactions.
- Generally, we will make hand sanitizer available to our guests and will use a combination of cleaning agents and UV light to disinfect our buildings, as much as possible.
We recognize that these restrictions may represent an inconvenience to some of our visitors but we ask for your understanding as we all navigate our way through this pandemic. We thank you for your continued support of Lyndhurst!