Rose & Landscape Weekend 2023
Welcome to Rose & Landscape Weekend!
Please join us Saturday, June 10th, and Sunday, June 11th, 2023 between 9:30 am and 4:00 pm as the property closes at 5:00 pm. A Grounds Pass is required for entry to the Rose and Landscape Weekend and offers general admission onto the property.
Lyndhurst welcomes back neighbors, New Yorkers, and all other visitors to explore the blooming Rose Garden and attend various lectures about the Rock Garden, Fern Garden, and Trees throughout the property.
Schedule of Events:
- 10:00 am- 3:00 pm- Don Debrowski and volunteers from the Rock Garden Society will be in the Rock Garden to answer questions about rock garden plants.
- 10:00 am- 3:00 pm- Author of Picturing Our Past National Register Sites in Westchester County, Gray Williams, and volunteers will be stationed in the Fern Garden to answer questions about fern garden plants. Signed copies of his book are available in the Lyndhurst Giftshop.
- 12:30 pm- Arborist, Justin Rawson. The lecture will meet in front of the archway at the Welcome Center courtyard. Space is limited, please sign-up for the lecture in the Welcome Center on the day of.
The grounds pass will also include access to the Bowling Alley and unrestored Pool building, as well as our new exhibition, Unlocking Lyndhurst located in the Exhibition Gallery from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
We are partnering with Geordane`s of Irvington to offer food and beverages for purchase, available in the Carriage House Welcome Center for lunch.
For everyone’s safety, Lyndhurst encourages masks in all indoor spaces. As in any public setting, we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19. By visiting Lyndhurst, you voluntarily assume such risks.
- The Grounds pass is only good for the day you visit the grounds.
- A Grounds Pass is necessary for those entering the property by car or on foot through the main gate.
- A Grounds Pass allows entry rain or shine and is not refundable.
- Please have your tickets ready on your mobile phone to show the gate attendant or choose the “Will Call” option which allows the attendant to search for your tickets by name.
- Picnicking is allowed, we ask that you carry out what you carry in.
- Bowling Alley Restrooms are open daily 9:30 am – 5:00 pm, May – November.
- Welcome Center Restrooms are open Thursdays-Mondays 9:30 am – 4:00 pm, April – December.
- Children age 5 and under do not need a Grounds Pass.
- ApplePay requires the use of the Safari browser.
All ticket purchases are non-refundable.
Lyndhurst`s Season Presented by:
- Online: Online ticket sales close at 3:30 PM each day
- By Phone: Call 1(888)718-4253 opt. 1 (additional fees apply to phone orders)
Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Members can receive a Daily Grounds Pass at no charge. Register HERE.
Tour ticket holders do not need to purchase a Daily Grounds Pass for the day of their tour.
Grounds are open: Seven days a week: 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
The last entry is at 4:00 PM.
Family and Accessibility
Lyndhurst welcomes all visitors, and we have ADA-accessible parking and paths on our lower landscape.
Picnicking is allowed but we ask that you carry out what you carry in.
Please keep dogs leashed and clean up after them while visiting.
Please park in designated parking areas only and not on our lawns or in front of the Mansion.
Special Event Photography (engagement, wedding, family, graduation, baby, etc.) is not allowed on our grounds.
Drone use is strictly prohibited.
Alcohol is not permitted.