Daily Grounds Pass
A Daily Grounds Pass is required to enter the Lyndhurst property seven days a week until November 1st. This pass only allows visitors access to the grounds; It does NOT provide access to the Mansion, which is only available by guided tour. The Grounds Pass also includes entry to the Welcome Center, Giftshop, and Restroom when the Welcome Center is open. When the Welcome Center is closed, restrooms are available at the Bowling Alley. Please note: that at the end of the season in November, the Bowling Alley Bathroom may be closed as the weather gets colder.
During our wedding season, May – October, certain areas of the grounds and buildings will be inaccessible in the afternoons on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
A Daily Grounds Pass offers general admission to the property between the hours of 9:30 am with the last entry at 3:30 pm as the property closes at 4:30 pm. Please note that sometimes we have to close the entire site for special events and no grounds access will be available during those times.
If you want to see inside the mansion please instead select one of our Mansion tours: Classic Mansion Tour, Backstairs Tour, or Upstairs-DownstairsTour. Please read our COVID Visitor Requirements before purchasing tickets.
Lyndhurst members can enjoy the grounds for free! All members must register their visit HERE.
- A Grounds Pass is only good for the day you are coming to the grounds. Passes are non-transferable.
- Special Event ticket holders who wish to visit the grounds during the day must purchase a Ground Pass.
- A Grounds Pass is good for those looking to just enjoy the grounds and are not taking a tour.
- Entry to the Mansion is not included with a Grounds Pass.
- A Grounds Pass does not substitute permission to enter the grounds and take portrait photography. Please read our photography guidelines HERE.
- A Grounds Pass is necessary for those entering the property through the front entry.
- A Grounds Pass is for visiting rain or shine and is not refundable.
- Please have your pre-purchased ticket available to show the gate attendant upon arrival.
- Select the print-at-home option when purchasing your ticket or have it ready on your mobile phone!
- Picnicking is allowed, we ask that you carry out what you carry in. No alcohol!
- Please leash your dogs while on the grounds.
- All visitors must wear masks to enter all buildings.
- Welcome Center restrooms will be available on days we are open for tours, 9:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- After October 31st, you’ll need to get a Winter Grounds Pass to enter the property between 9:30 am to 3:30 pm.
Consider becoming a member today and visit as often as you like! Email us at email@example.com
- Online: Online ticket sales close at 3:30 PM each day
- By Phone: Call 1(888)718-4253 opt. 1 (additional fees apply to phone orders)
Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Members can receive a Daily Grounds Pass at no charge. Register HERE.
Tour ticket holders do not need to purchase a Daily Grounds Pass for the day of their tour.
Grounds are open: Seven days a week: 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM.
The last entry to at 3:30 PM.
Lyndhurst grounds are open seasonally from April to November.
Entry to the grounds after October 31st should use a Winter Grounds Pass.
Please check our calendar for closures before coming to visit the grounds.
Members should register their visit HERE before arriving.
Family and Accessibility
Lyndhurst welcomes all visitors, and we have ADA-accessible parking and paths on our lower landscape.
Picnicking is allowed but we ask that you carry out what you carry in.
Please keep dogs leashed and clean up after them while visiting.
Please park in designated parking areas only and not on our lawns or in front of the Mansion.
Special Event Photography (engagement, wedding, family, graduation, baby, etc.) is not allowed on our grounds.
Drone use is prohibited.
Alcohol is not permitted.