Help us preserve the environment at Lyndhurst for future generations, by observing the following:
- Explore the property at your own risk.
- Carry out what you carry in.
- Lyndhurst is occasionally closed for private functions or for inclement weather, check our website and Facebook page for special announcements of closure and adhere to signs posted at the entrance to the property.
- Dogs are welcome on leashes; please pick up their waste. Service animals are allowed inside public buildings as defined by ADA; dogs individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities.
- Picnicking is welcome! Please do not use any open flame or barbeque while visiting. Alcohol is not permitted on the property.
- Please support Lyndhurst’s conservation efforts by refraining from climbing our historic trees, on or in our fountains, or on any of our buildings and structures.
- Skateboarding and rollerblading are prohibited. Bicycles are only allowed on our roads and driveways. Riding across our lawns or restored pathways is prohibited.
- All visitors must follow the guidance of Lyndhurst staff and may be requested to move or vacate the property at our discretion.
- Casual outdoor photography is allowed. Drones are prohibited. Indoor non-professional photography is allowed at your tour guide’s discretion. For any professional, semi-professional, and event photography, including wedding and engagement photography, please visit our Film & Photography page below.