Winter Theater: The Price
Know Before You Go: Please read our COVID Visitor Requirements before purchasing tickets.
The brilliant, powerful, and deeply moving play examines with compassion, humor, and rare insight, the relationship of two long-estranged brothers who meet after many years to dispose of their late family’s belongings.
When the Great Depression cost his family their fortune, Victor gave up his dream of an education to support his father. Three decades later, Victor has returned to his childhood home to sell the remainder of his parent’s estate. His wife, his estranged brother, and the furniture dealer hired to appraise their possessions all arrive with their own agendas, forcing Victor to confront a question, long-stifled, about the value of his sacrifice. One of the most personal plays by the consummate voice of the American everyman, Arthur Miller’s The Price is a riveting story about the struggle to make peace with the past and create hope for the future.
Clive Barnes for the NY Times: “The Price is one of the most engrossing and entertaining plays that Miller has ever written”.
- Winter Theater performances take place on the 2nd floor in the Art Gallery of the historic mansion.
- Performances will seat 35 guests and last 80 minutes without intermission.
- There is no elevator in the mansion and guests will access the performance space by ascending 25 steps on the main staircase.
- Please plan to arrive 20 minutes prior to performance time to check-in at the Welcome Center and provide proof of vaccination.
- Advanced online ticket sales only; there is no on-site ticket availability.
- Masks are required to be worn by all attendees during the performance.
- Guests will walk up to the mansion as a group. Please wear appropriate footwear as guests will have to walk up a short hill to the mansion.
- Lyndhurst will email ticket holders in case of weather cancellation and will refund the cost of the tickets, minus processing fees.
COVID-19 VISITOR REQUIREMENTS:
ALL TICKETS must be purchased in advance online. ALL TICKET HOLDERS must show proof of vaccination and booster, if eligible, and wear masks. No one under age 12 will be admitted. These requirements may be amended per CDC, NY State, and Broadway Covid-19 guidelines.
General Admission: $45
Online ticket sales close at 8 am on the day of the show. Purchase by phone: Call 1(888)718-4253 opt. 1 (additional fees apply to phone orders).
Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
Friday, March 4th, 7:30 PM
Saturday, March 5th, 2:00 PM.
Saturday, March 5th, 5:00 PM.
Sunday, March 6th, 2:00 PM.
Friday, March 11th, 7:30 PM.
Saturday, March 12th, 2:00 PM.
Saturday, March 12th, 5:00 PM.
Sunday, March 13th, 2:00 PM.
Friday, March 18th, 7:30 PM.
Saturday, March 19th, 2:00 PM
Sunday, March 20th, 2:00 PM.
Sunday, March 20th, 5:00 PM.
Lyndhurst welcomes all visitors, but the second floor of the historic Mansion is not ADA accessible.
Check-in is at the Welcome Center, where there are restrooms.
No children under 12 years of age will be admitted.
Plan Your Visit
Please check-in at the Welcome Center, the brick complex located just past the Lyndhurst mansion. No large bags or backpacks will be permitted in the mansion. Plan to arrive at the Welcome Center 20 minutes prior to your show to check in and show proof of vaccination.