Lyndhurst Ramble Tour
Please read our COVID Visitor Requirements before purchasing tickets.
In celebration of the Hudson River Valley Ramble, we offer a walking tour of the historic estate at Lyndhurst, a Gothic Revival masterpiece overlooking the Hudson River. The site reflects over 180 years of life on the Hudson River covering 67 park-like acres. You will visit the unglazed Lord & Burnham steel-framed greenhouse and enter both the oldest regulation bowling alley in the United States and the 1911 unrestored Pool building. Lyndhurst’s magnificent grounds contain an award-winning rose garden, a fern garden, rock garden, specimen trees, and the now-aged Lindens for which the property is named. The tour ends with a stroll along landscaped pathways that offer spectacular views of the Hudson River.
The 2-hour guided walking tour will start at the Welcome Center, where visitors can check-in and purchase bottled water. Public restrooms are located in the Welcome Center and Bowling Alley Pavilion.
- Lyndhurst welcomes all visitors, but please note that this tour requires extensive walking on hilly grounds for about two hours outside and is not recommended for visitors with limited mobility or difficulty walking.
- Plan to arrive at the Welcome Center 15 minutes before your tour.
- Ramble tours depart rain or shine; the event is canceled in severe weather or lightning.
- The Ramble is not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
Child 12 and older: $30
- Online: Online ticket sales close at 8 am the day of the tour.
- By Phone: Call 1(888)718-4253 opt. 1 (additional fees apply to phone orders)
Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
Ramble Tour ticket holders do not need to purchase a Daily Grounds Pass for the day of their tour.
September 4, 2022, 10:00AM
September 11, 2022, 10:00AM
September 25, 2022, 10:00AM
October 2, 2022, 10:00AM
Tour starts at the Lyndhurst Welcome Center.
Family and Accessibility
Lyndhurst welcomes all visitors, but please note that this tour requires extensive walking on uneven hilly grounds for about two hours outside and is not recommended for visitors with limited mobility or difficulty walking.
Not recommended for children under 12 years of age.