a 90-minute adaptation of William Shakespeare’s work adapted by Tal Aviezer
Red Monkey Theater Group and M&M Performing Arts Company present Shakespeare’s greatest tragedy in a fast-paced, 90-minute adaptation presented with intimate staging. The energetic, scaled-down production aims to remove as many barriers as possible between the Bard’s words and the audience. One of the reasons we come to the theater is to recognize ourselves, and Hamlet is an enduring character because people from all walks of life, of all ages and nationalities, have recognized their essential humanity in him. Shakespeare’s language is electrifying because he manages somehow to articulate thoughts that we all recognize as truth, but that we ourselves have never been able to express. We hope our production will convey that sense of emotional, intellectual, and spiritual homecoming to our audience.
Performed in alternating repertory with I Hate Hamlet, a comedy by Paul Rudnick. Performances are in the Grand Picture Gallery of Lyndhurst Mansion.
Only six performances from February 17 and through March 4, 2018.
- Guests must be able to climb the main staircase to reach the second-floor level as there is no elevator. This performance is not handicap accessible.
- Advance online ticket purchases are recommended – performances do sell out.
- Photography and video are not allowed inside the mansion for this performance.
- No large bags or backpacks will be permitted in the mansion. Please wear shoes appropriate for walking on the grounds.
- Please arrive 20 minutes before the entry time printed on your ticket in order to have time to park and check in at the Welcome Center.
Tickets are $40 for Adults, $35 for Seniors/Children (16 and under – appropriate for age 13 and up). No member discounts are offered for theater performances.
To purchase tickets, please use the calendar below to select a date and time.