Lyndhurst is located at 635 South Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591, one-half mile south of the Tappan Zee bridge on Route 9. Lyndhurst is approximately 24 miles north of Midtown Manhattan. All tours begin at the Welcome Center.
Taxi and other ride services
Please notify your Taxi, Lyft, or Uber driver to drop you off at the Welcome Center within the Lyndhurst property. The Welcome Center is a half mile from the main entrance. Please note that taxi services during the busy summer and fall seasons may be limited. If you are relying on a taxi for drop-off and pick-up, consider scheduling in advance. Taxis may not be available at short notice. Find local taxi services here.
From Westbound 287 (from Eastern Westchester/Connecticut):
• Take 287 west/87 North to the last exit before the Tappan Zee Bridge, exit 9 off of the NY State Thruway, marked Route 9 Tarrytown. Take a left onto 119 at the first stoplight and a left (south) onto Route 9 at the second stoplight. The Lyndhurst gates are ½ mile on the right hand (river) side of the road.
From Eastbound 287 (from Rockland/New Jersey):
• Take 287 east across the Tappan Zee Bridge. Immediately after the toll booth, take the first exit, Exit 9. Turn left (south) onto Route 9 and proceed ½ mile to the Lyndhurst gates on the right hand (river) side of the road.
From New York City’s East Side:
• Drive north on the East River Drive, across the Willis Avenue Bridge onto the Major Deegan Expressway North. Follow the Deegan to the NY State Thruway (I-87) to Westbound 287 (Tappan Zee Bridge). Follow westbound 287 directions above.
From New York City’s West Side:
• Drive North on the West Side Highway to the Henry Hudson north to the Saw Mill Parkway north to the NY State Thruway (I-87) North to 287 West (Tappan Zee Bridge). Follow westbound 287 directions above.
• Take either I-95, I-684, or the Merritt Parkway south to 287 West (to the Tappan Zee Bridge). Follow westbound 287 directions above.
From Long Island:
• The Whitestone or Throgs Neck Bridge to the new England Thruway (I-95). Take Exit 21 onto 287 west (to the Tappan Zee Bridge). Follow westbound 287 directions above.
• The Triboro Bridge to the Major Deegan north and the NY State Thruway (I-87) to 287 West (to the Tappan Zee Bridge). Follow westbound 287 directions above.
From Grand Central Terminal in New York City:
• Take the Metro North – Hudson Line north to Tarrytown.
Taxis are available at the train station. Please notify your Taxi, Lyft, or Uber driver to drop you off at the Welcome Center within the Lyndhurst property. The Welcome Center is a half mile from the main entrance.
Metro-North Getaway Fares
Lyndhurst is easily accessible from Grand Central Terminal and is the closest Hudson Valley mansion to New York City. Metro-North offers discounted admission to Lyndhurst when purchased together with a Metro-North train ticket. Tickets can be purchased for arrival at the Tarrytown station or the Irvington Station. At the Tarrytown station, taxi cabs are regularly available in the parking lot directly across the street from the train station. Alternatively, walkers or bikers may purchase tickets to the Irvington station and walk up Main Street, taking a left onto the Old Croton Aqueduct in the High School parking lot and continue for ten minutes until reaching Lyndhurst. For more information and to purchase a joint train fare/admission ticket, please click here.