Lyndhurst invites you to explore the evolution of American identity and taste through our guided tour of 19 elaborately decorated rooms in the mansion interior. Visitors can also join special tours that explore Lyndhurst’s unique spaces like the recently restored bowling alley, majestic landscape, kitchens, laundry room, and observation tower overlooking widest part of the lower Hudson River to Manhattan.
The mansion’s hours change seasonally. Generally, we are open for tours Thursdays through Mondays with tours departing on the hour from 10 am to 4 pm. We are closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Please see Tours and Hours for the most up-to-date tour schedules.
We offer a Classic Mansion Tour perfect for first-time visitors, and two specialty tours recommended for visitors returning to Lyndhurst for a closer look at the site’s unique and unseen spaces. For more information, visit Tours and Hours. We also offer group and private tours throughout the season.
|Classic Tours – offered Thursdays through Mondays|
|Classic Mansion Tours (April – September)||$16|
|Holiday Mansion Tours (October – December)||$18|
|Specialty Tours – offered weekends only|
|Backstairs Tours (April – September)||$14|
|Bowling Pavilion & Lower Landscape Tours (April – September)||$10|
· Tickets may be purchased online until 8:00 am on the day of the tour or at the Welcome Center.
· Guests without advance reservations are accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis.
· Discounts available to eligible visitors – check ticketing site for details.
· Please note, discounts are not offered for special holiday programs.
· Only the ground floor of the mansion is wheelchair accessible.
· There is no elevator in the mansion
· Wheelchair accessible bathrooms are available at the Welcome Center
· The Backstairs Tour and the Bowling Pavilion Tour are physically demanding and are not recommended for individuals with disabilities or difficulty walking up and down stairs.
The Lyndhurst Gift Shop offers an array of items unique to Lyndhurst including seasonal items and local merchandise. The Gift Shop is located at the Welcome Center and is open during regular hours.
Walking & Recreation
Lyndhurst’s 67 acres of grounds are free and open to pedestrians between dawn and dusk. Please note, there is no available street parking in the area near Lyndhurst. Lyndhurst charges a $5 per person fee to visit the grounds by vehicle. See more below.
Lyndhurst charges a $5 per person fee to visit the grounds by vehicle. The grounds fee can be credited toward the purchase of a tour ticket. Grounds fee is waived for ticket holders. Bus groups visiting grounds only must also pay $5 per person. Parking is only available in designated lots. Do not park along roads.
· Use caution, explore the property at your own risk
· No climbing on any structures or trees on the property
· Carry out what you carry in
· Bicycle on roads only
· Leash and clean up after your dog
· Commercial, wedding, and engagement photography may be taken on the grounds with prior permission and by purchase of license
· The site may not be accessed during hazardous weather
· Please do not sled on the grounds during the winter
· No open flames or barbecues
· Lyndhurst no longer accepts the tickets pictured below for tour admission: